WPNR Country Chart

Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Where I Belong" & 1 Year MARK!

We did it!  Whoever you are out there, taking a few minutes out of your day to read my crazy blog...Thank YOU!  There aren't enough words I could write or a song that I could post that would tell you how much I appreciate anyone's eyes reading my words.  Today marks one year of doing this crazy thing!  And although I wanted to do 365 posts, life got in the way and I ended up with 100.  I mean come on this is one HUNDREDTH blog...amazing.  I couldn't have planned it this way, it wouldn't have been so sweet.

A year ago, I thought I was stuck.  Like really stuck between chasing this dream of becoming an esteemed Nashville songwriter/life changer, college and moving to Nashville.  My life was already in Plan B mode years before that but in the end it all brought me to this.
Day 1 of The SongBird Project: http://songbirdproject.blogspot.com/2011/08/this-is-me.html

So I sit here tonight, a year after I embarked on this 'SongBird' project and I can honestly tell you I really found more of myself.  There's still so much more that I have yet to learn but I've really changed in this past year.  I don't even know how to summarize where this blog has taken me.  From being halfway done with college and getting a degree, having some amazing, life changing experiences, all of my Nashville experiences, dragging my family to every music venue in Nashville, living in my dream and then having to walk away from it, being recognized by my idols for these little blogs I post at midnight over their gems of songs, basically...I really believe this is the year.  

I feel like 20 is going to be really, really, really good to me.  I hope.

After everything that has led me to this moment, I can only think of one song that would even scratch the surface of my mess of emotions!  This is one of the first demos I've ever heard of Hillary Lindsey's, back in the good 'ole MySpace days, when it used to be the coolest thing ever to jump from page to page and become fascinated with songwriting.  Truth is, I still do it just on a different platform.  
I really wish this demo still existed out there but this song was recorded by another incredible, forgotten, singer/songwriter - Rachel Proctor.  

FM Radio:
Singer: Hillary Lindsey/Rachel Proctor
Songwriters: Hillary Lindsey, Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsey, Troy Verges (The Dream Team)
Song: "Where I Belong"

I've wished a million wishes on a big empty sky
And I've spent too many endless nights alone
Wondering if I was broken and why everything felt so wrong
And where do I belong

I see beyond the end of time when I look into your eyes
It's so much bigger than this life and everything's right
I feel so safe, safe as a child in your arms
This is where I belong

I've seen my share of troubles
And tears I've shed in vain
Watched my dreams crumble
But all along the way
Someone heard me pray

The house is quiet now and my, my heart is full
And all the ones I love lay fast asleep and I am complete
I turn out the light and I whisper goodnight
And i know, this is where I belong

Follow this link: Rachel Proctor's MySpace

1 comment:

  1. can't believe it's been a year since blog #1. that is crazy!! i've enjoyed every post and all of the different songs you've featured. can't wait til i'm listening to your lyrics :) don't ever give up, Francesca. keep on steppin' ;)

    ReplyDelete