WPNR Country Chart

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Tomorrow"

No, this is not a blog about my husband or that incredible song he wrote that I already wrote about months ago: here.  When I was 11 years old, I thought I was going to grow up to become Idina Menzel.  Seriously.  I was going to be the star of Wicked, I didn't know how or why but after countless money and time spent in musical theater, acting classes, and voice lessons...can I even tell you how I am so glad I actually found what I'm supposed to be in my life.  Well, I still love Broadway but God surely did not give me vocal cords for this.  If you haven't already seen Idina Menzel's absolutely breathtaking PBS special or DVD, trust me, you will thank me.  YOU MUST SEE THIS!  Ahh!  We even bought the album!  Anyways, one of my earliest memories is watching Annie.  I watched this 100 times, if not more. Every time I watched it, I always had to sing along to this song.  Really listen to the melody of this song, sheer brilliance.  And the message, is that not really in every country song?

FM Radio:
Singer: Idina Menzel...& Annie
Songwriters: Charles Strouse, Martin Charmin
Song: "Tomorrow"

The sun'll come out 
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar 
That tomorrow 
There'll be sun! 

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow 
Clears away the cobwebs, 
And the sorrow 
'Til there's none! 

When I'm stuck a day 
That's gray, 
And lonely, 
I just stick out my chin 
And Grin, 
And Say, 
Oh! 

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow 
So ya gotta hang on 
'Til tomorrow 
Come what may 
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow! 
You're always
A day
A way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment