WPNR Country Chart

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Tomorrow"

When I refer to the incredible, beautiful person that Mr. Chris Young is, I have the tendency to call him my 'husband.'  I'll admit, #Guilty...go trend it.  I was a fan from the Nashville Star days until I found out what kind of artist he really is.  He's not the typical beer-drinking, hat wearing, southern sweet talkin' male country singer, he has this voice that God himself crafted.  And the ability to feel like he's speaking to your soul whenever you hear it.  I haven't had the opportunity to hear him live yet, but I can only imagine what a church experience that will be like.

I don't care what side of a relationship one is in at the final moment, but I think they have to look back in reflection and think of the highest of high in that relationship, and cherish it for one tiny, or in the case, long moment.  It's in that moment of hazy/clear that you forget about all of your 'tomorrow's.'  And for the record, I had this exact same idea when I was about 13 years old...I have the proof!  I guess something's meant to be.

(On a side note):  My husband is now a CMA NOMINEE!!!  Here's to winning!!  Congrats to Chris!!!!

FM Radio:
Singer: Chris Young
Songwriters: Chris Young, Anthony Smith, Frank Myers
Song: "Tomorrow"
 
Tomorrow I'm gonna leave here
I'm gonna let you go and walk away
Like every day I said I would
And tomorrow, I'm gonna listen
To that voice of reason inside my head
Telling me that we're no good

[Chorus]

But tonight I'm gonna give in one last time
Rock you strong in these arms of mine
Forget all of the regrets that are bound to follow
We're like fire and gasoline
I'm no good for you
You're no good for me
We only bring each other tears and sorrow
But tonight, I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow


I'll be stronger
I'm not gonna break down and call you up
When my heart cries out for you
And tomorrow, you won't believe it,
But when I pass your house,
I won't stop no matter how bad I want to.

[Chorus]

Baby, when we’re good, you know we’re great
But there’s too much bad for us to think
That there's anything worth trying to save

[Chorus]

Tomorrow, I'm gonna leave here.
Yea, I'm gonna let you go and walk away like every day I said I would

No comments:

Post a Comment