WPNR Country Chart

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Georgia Rain"

On October 8, 2011, my life forever changed.  We went to the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville and saw and heard the most incredible show.  That night's lineup was Karyn Rochelle (aka my new BFF), Tommy Karlas, Lisa Carver (whom I love) and Erin Enderlin.  Let me just say that for me, it was that indescribable feeling of fulfillment, yet desire.  I can't even begin to describe the chills I had.  The type that you feel in your bones.  That feeling that you know you're experiencing something much bigger than yourself.  If I can create that feeling for someone else the way they all did that night, my life is complete.  This was the last song of the night, my body wasn't even in my skin at this point.  Watch the video I took of Karyn singing it.  Of course, her back was to me...but I can't even begin to complain.

FM Radio:
Singer: Trisha Yearwood/Karyn Rochelle
Songwriters: Karyn Rochelle/Ed Hill
Song: "Georgia Rain"

Barefoot in the bed of your truck,
On a blanket lookin' up.
Half a moon peekin' down at us,
From underneath the clouds.
Teenage kids sneakin' out again...
I heard the thunder rollin' in.
We were fallin' the moment when,
It all came pourin' down. 

The Georgia rain on the Jasper county clay,
Couldn't wash away what I felt for you that day.
Just you an' me down an ol' dirt road...
Nothin' in our way except for the Georgia rain.

The cotton fields remember when,
Flash of lightnin' drove us in.
We were soaked down to the skin,
By the time we climbed inside.
An' I don't remember what was poundin' more...
The heart in my chest or the hood of that Ford.
As the sky fell in an' the storm clouds poured,
Worlds away outside


The Georgia rain on the Jasper county clay,
Couldn't wash away all the love we made.
Just you an' me down that ole dirt road...
No one saw a thing except for the Georgia rain.

Screen door flappin' in the wind...
Same ole house I grew up in.
I can't believe I'm back again,
After all these years away.
You fixed your Daddy's house up nice...
I saw it yesterday when I drove by.
Looks like you've made yourself a real good life...
What else can I say?

The Georgia rain on the Jasper county clay,
Couldn't wash away the way I loved you to this day.
The old dirt road's paved over now,
Nothin' here's the same except for the Georgia rain.

Couldn't wash away
    

1 comment:

  1. I just heard this song the other day for the first time...in a long time! This is one of my favorite Trisha songs!!!!!! Fav part: "I don't remember what was pounding more..the heart in my chest or the hood of that Ford".

    ReplyDelete