WPNR Country Chart

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Coming Home"

As all good things come to an end, so did our trip.  Spare all the corniness, at the end of the day...well actually about 5 AM, we came home.  This song is more than just a drive home.  To me, this song is finding a place or a thing that gives you a sense of belonging.  And once you find that niche where you fit, it's about allowing yourself to surrender to it.  This song is brilliant, as are all Hillary Lindsey/Troy Verges penned songs.  Add Tom Douglas & Bob Dipiero into that mix and that is nothing but a hit.  I guess to everyone, this song can mean something different.  But to me, it should've won the Golden Globe & Oscar.  Totally got snubbed.  Oh and who knew Gwenyth Paltrow could sing?!  She is, of course, not comparable to Hillary, but I loved Country Strong.  

FM Radio:
Singer: Gwenyth Paltrow
Songwriters: Hillary Lindsey, Troy Verges, Tom Douglas, Bob Dipiero -            (Dream Team)
Song: "Coming Home"

It's a four letter word
a place you go to heal your hurtIt's an alter, it's a shelterOne place you're always welcomea pink flamingo, double wideOne bedroom in a high risea mansion on a hillWhere the memories always willkeep you companywhenever you're aloneafter all of my runningI'm finally coming
HomeThe world tried to break meI found a road to take meHomeThere ain't nothing but a blue sky nowAfter all of my runningI'm finally comingHome
Well they say its where the heart isand I guess the hardest part iswhen your heart is brokenand you're lost out in the great wide openlooking for a mapfinding your way backto where you belongwell that's where I belong
HomeThe world tried to break meI found a road to take meHomeThere ain't nothing but a blue sky nowAfter all of my runningI'm finally comingHome
Home...Home...
HomeThe world tried to break meI found a road to take meHomeThere ain't nothing but a blue sky nowAfter all of my runningI'm finally comingAfter all of my runningI'm finally comingHome

No comments:

Post a Comment