WPNR Country Chart

Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Every Time"

Nothing more I love than a song like this.  Speaking of disappearing country stars, where did Jessica Andrews disappear to?  I can envision Carrie Underwood & Jessica Andrews fighting over Hillary Lindsey songs and then getting the #1 & #2 position on the charts.  Yeah, I'm that obsessed but sorry, no one on this Earth writes songs like this.

At this stage, I feel like some people really try to get into the music industry for all of the wrong reasons.  Well, I want to get into it to make people feel the way I do about songs.  To change people's lives the way mine has been.  Everything about this song inspires me, from this amazing story that goes back and forth between creating a memory, reliving it, and the reality in between.  Every line of this song continues this story, not one line is in here without a purpose.  How come more people don't know about this song?!

 Leave me comments, let me know what you think!


FM Radio:
Singer: Jessica Andrews
Songwriters: Hillary Lindsey, Tia Sillers
Song: "Every Time"


I laid the blanket there on the shorelineAnd saw the water shine with the moonWhat kind of fool would fail to noticeThe best thing shining was you
Oh, I laughed kinda nervous, I felt you move closerAnd felt the world unwindOnce was a stranger, not quite a loverBut steadily crossing the line
Carry me far away, don't hold backI won't break, leave the ghosts behindAll I know, wrong or right just the thought of this nightWill get me every time, every time
Well, the voice in my head said, "What are you doing?"I thought not listening to youYou see I, I'm taking a chanceI'm thinking about flying over the blue
And it's crazy to be this out of practiceAnd have it all come so naturallyDon't you love knocking logic right off its axisAnd watch it float far out to sea
Carry me far away, don't hold backI won't break, leave the ghosts behindAll I know, wrong or right just the thought of this nightWill get me every time, every timeEvery time, every time, every time
So now here I am reading my fortuneIn the winding lines of your handOh, and I see a lost unwanted orphanHead right for the promised landCarry me far away, I won't, I won't break
Oh, carry me far away, don't hold backI won't break, leave the ghosts behindAll I know, wrong or right just the thought of this nightWill get me every time, will get me every time, every time

No comments:

Post a Comment