WPNR Country Chart

Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Dreamers"

I am living proof, it takes a hell of a lot of guts to go after what you want.  I'm all for the impossible but also knowing what is inside your reach.  There are millions of people out there who hold the same skills as you, similar talents, and are prettier..let's face it there always is someone!  The only thing that can separate you from them is knowledge.  There's a decision you make when your feet first hit the floor in the morning, to try or not to try.  Do you walk around with your head down knowing that you will never succeed or do you keep your head high and keep on keeping on.  (Great hook, right?)  Well, believe me, I am the first to say that I know way too much and some people would think I'm a weird stalker but little do they know...I'm learning.


I study a song and a songwriter until I can close my eyes and recognize they wrote the words that I am hearing artist X singing.  I sound crazy but really I am trying to learn the craft of songwriting inside and out.  I want to learn the rhyming patterns, the structures, what's not written or sung in black and white.  I. want. it. all.  I honestly don't care what I have to do to reach the pinnacle of my career but I know that the more I know will only propel me forward, never keep me stagnant.

Here's to us dreamers.  And "Thank God the dreamers aren't done dreaming yet."

P.S. - Someone needs to record this song....People need to hear this.

FM Radio:
Singer: Gordie Sampson
Songwriters: Gordie Sampson, Hillary Lindsey, Tom Douglas
Song: "Dreamers"


ComScore



ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment